- Every web page resides inside a browser window which can be considered as an object.
- The way a document content is accessed and modified is called the document object model or DOM. The object are organized in a hierarchy. this hierarchal structure applies to the organisation of object in a web document
- Window object- Top of the hierarchy. It is the outmost element of the object hierarchy.
- Document object- Each HTML document that gets loaded into a window becomes a document object.
- Form object- Everything enclosed in the <form>…</form> tag sets the form object.
- Form control element- The form object contains all the elements defined for that object such as text field, buttons, radio buttons and checkboxes.
You can also define DOM as: The HTML DOM is a standard object model and programming interface for HTML.
- The HTML elements as objects as objects.
- The properties of all HTML elements.
- The method to access all HTML elements.
- In other words , the HTML DOM is a standard for how to get change, add, or delete HTML elements.
You can also read our other articles in tops of..